Thursday, February 13, 2014

[omit anger from your life]


I have only read one chapter of this book so far but I can already tell this will be one of my favorite books ever. 
As parents, we often justify our angry outbursts towards our children when they aren't listening or if they aren't doing what they are supposed to be doing.
But anger does NOT help our children to respond positively and it really is just a destructive way to force our children to "do what they are told".
There is a much better way and this book shows you how.
The gospel way is ALWAYS the best way. Always.

Here is just one quote to start with but I'm sure I will be sharing many more in the future.

"Experience teaches me that when I have been angry, I am quite sure I did not have the Holy Ghost, and I was not in any proper condition to administer reproof. It took me quite a long while to learn that. When I became excited, fanatical, and over-zealous, I mistakenly thought it was the Spirit of the Lord, but have learned better, as the Holy Ghost does not operate that way. My testimony is that the internal fruits of the Holy Ghost are joy, peace, patience, long suffering, and kindness."
J. Golden Kimball

One more:

No comments:

Post a Comment