Thursday, February 20, 2014

[another great book]


Yes, I often have multiple books on the go. :)
This book has a chapter on 52 questions in the Book of Mormon. I was reading about the question "Have ye inquired of the Lord?" last night and I like what it says about how sometimes when we ask God something, He doesn't give a "yes" or "no" answer but kind of leaves us to figure it out on our own. Here's a quote from the book:

"But what about a yellow light? What about when we pray and do not receive a clear "yes" or "no"? We may receive a "maybe" answer - or no response at all. Does that mean the Lord doesn't care about us or that the question we are struggling with is not important enough for Him to guide us? Although we often interpret "yellow light" answers [versus red or green light] in this way, those may not be the messages God intends. Instead of viewing a yellow light answer as evidence that God is distant and doesn't care about us or our concerns, one possibility is that we may view it as evidence that God trusts us. We've made good decisions before, and He knows we can make good decisions again. Other possibilities are that perhaps the Lord wants us to gather more information or that the timing is not right.
Elder John H. Groberg taught, "Because the Lord knows we need the growth, He generally does not point out the clear direction. But if a decision is wrong, He will let us know - we will feel it for sure. I am positive of that. So rather than saying, 'I will not move until I have this burning in my heart,' let us turn it around and say, 'I will move unless I feel it is wrong.'"

Here are couple more quotes from the "Soft-Spoken Parent" book:


No comments:

Post a Comment