Wednesday, April 21, 2021

[great things await you]

 


As I was studying Doctrine & Covenants 45 today, I kept thinking how often we focus on the scary prophecies about the last days. I have noticed in my studies though that the prophecies are very different for the saints than for the wicked. Over and over again we are told not to fear or to be troubled. There are some amazing promises to the saints in D&C 45. I hope that we learn to focus on the positive promises to the saints instead of on the calamities. 

Just prior to the warnings of D&C 45, the Lord shares the many things His power will do. The power we receive through our covenant keeping. Things like "enemies may not have power over you", "preserved in all things", "enabled to keep my laws", "every bond may be broken wherewith the enemy seeketh to destroy my people", "to do many miracles"... God's enabling power is real and we have access to it. If we truly believe the scriptures, we need not fear the last days.

For the first time, I thought of the fig tree parable in quite a new light: something about temples and what we see there. Think about it... I'm not sure if I'm right but still kind of cool. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment