Wednesday, April 14, 2021

[D&C 37-40 handout]

 


1.  it remaineth with me to do with him as seemeth _____  _________ (40:3)

2.  …let every man __________________ for himself until I come (37:4)

3.  I have looked upon thy works and I ____________ _____________ (39:7)

4.  I will be merciful unto __________  _____________________ (38:14)

5.  mine eyes are upon you. I am in your __________________ (38:7)

6.  The same which ___________________ _______ things (38:2)

7.  if ye are ____________________ ye shall not fear (38:30)

8.  be ye strong from henceforth, ______________  _________ (38:15)

9.  I will be _____________  _____________ and go before thy face (39:12)

10. beware of ____________________ (38:39)

11. treasure up _______________________ (38:30)


A puzzle for Doctrine & Covenants chapters 37 - 40.

The answer is "GO TO THE OHIO". (See D&C 37)

I don't think the "the" in the sentence is a mistake. In a later chapter, the Lord says "people in Ohio". I was puzzled by the "the" so I did some research. 

Ohio means "great river" in the Iroquois language. 

In Kirtland, a great river of knowledge and power flowed from Heaven to the early Saints as they received their endowments. You'll gain added insight if you search scriptures about "living water" and "river".

No comments:

Post a Comment