Thursday, September 26, 2013

[such a great book!]


I can't praise this book enough! Love it! The chapter "Building Long-Term Relationships" blew my mind! Kind of what my soul has tried to tell me but there it was, black & white, explained so clearly!

Being a parent is the most joyful thing but it's also the hardest thing you'll ever do. I used to joke that babies should come with instruction manuals. Well, they sort of do! We don't have to listen to the world's experts and their changing views on the topic. We can turn to the scriptures to guide us in this great responsibility. Sure we can learn some great tips and techniques on raising a child from so called experts. But the scriptures point a higher, a better way. A more exalted way. 

My eyes have been opened to this better way. I just wish that I can remember all the lessons I learned from this book and put those lessons into practice in my own parenting. After reading this book, I will open my scriptures when I have a challenging question about parenting.

Here are just a couple of quotes from this book:







No comments:

Post a Comment